lunes, 30 de agosto de 2010

Free day!

Last night we had a fruit lab. Our task was to sample around 50 different fruits and describe them! I tried sugarcane, papaya, passion fruit and many other fruits including noni vomit flavored fruit. It was disgusting and I took a huge bite out of it without any warning. Our professor said that bertie bott's every flavored jelly bean vomit flavor was taken from this fruit.

So today was our first official free day. ( We do not get weekends off or anything, just one free day every 10 days or so). In the morning, I took the bus to San Vito, where I bought high socks for hiking (desperately needed them!). We walked around and ate a coffee shop where I had una tortuga (a turtle) croissant. We came back for lunch and then headed out for an adventure. A small group of us went to go swimming in the river. Being in a river surrounded by jungle was awesome! The water was refreshingly cold and we found a waterfall nearby. I stuck my head under and it was amazing! We hung out sitting in the shallow water on the rocks for a couple of hours. Later, on the hike back, we decided to climb the strangler fig! It was amazing to see how strong the fig held our body weight. Now Im back at our cabin and we are just hanging out and relaxing.
Pictures posted in future

1 comentario: