martes, 12 de octubre de 2010

San Jose!

So I have been living in San Jose for over a week now. Every day, I wake up at 7.30, eat a delicious breakfast that includes; papaya, pineapple, kiwi, watermelon, and a tiny banana that is better than any banana ever in the states (soo rich tasting and soft!!). Also, pan tostado ( pre toasted bread sooo good!) is also available :D. I take the bus (fee = 200 colones ~ 40cents) with route Vargas Arayas! I arrive at the Costa Rican language academy where i begin class at 9 with a class of ... 3 other people! It is great because we can talk a lot and we have class for 5 hours each day! Then when I get home.. I can speak more Spanish with my host mom (so needless to say lots of Spanish during my days!). So we have a break at 10:30 and every day i eat delicious empanadas! (only 600 colones ~ $1.20!). The outside is fried and crispy dough and the inside has beef, chicken o gallo pinto (beans & rice) accompanied with chile sauce (sooo spicy burns my mouth everday!). There is always different kinds of fruit juice to try. Then for lunch we have 1 hr break when we go either to the mall to eat, or we will go to restaurants very close to school. Today i ate at la Sopa and got pasta, rice, salad, soup, potatoes, y un postre (desert) all for 4 dollars! Very delicious traditional costa rican food.We return from lunch, then have class for 2 more hours, then free time! Every day after class the academy has various activities for us to do. Cooking class of traditional cr food; we made pancakes with yuca ( a potato like veggie) and cheese . There is also conversation class and my favorite... salsa y merengue!! I love dance class because i meet soo many ppl there and it is very fun and easy to learn. I have danced with people from austria, switzerland, belgium, germany aand... Alaska! lol In fact, i really want to take salsa next semester at tulane (so fun!) After dance, I either hang out with my friends a while or go home by bus again. For dinner my and my mama tica eat together, and everynight she makes delicious food ( not as delicious as my real mama of course!). Then at night, i work on hw (we have either an essay or presentation 3/4 days of the week! Afterwards, sometimes me and mis amigos like to sample local bars and go dancing! Life in San jose is very pleasant. The city has many little shops/ restaurants etc all over the place and its cool just to walk around. I am also happy to have my own room (after living with 5 other girls in the same room all semester in the same space as 20 others).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario